COVID-19 Update (as of August 9, 2021)
Sunday morning worship begins at 9:30 a.m. and all the public is welcome to participate.
As we hear how the Delta variant is entering our community, be assured that the Reopening Committee ismeeting and reviewing the local data and recommendations from the St Clair County Health Department. We most recently met on Sunday, August 8, and decided that we need to take a few extra precautions in order to keep our community safe. These precautions include the following and are based on recommendations from the Health Department:
- All children, youth, and adults who work with them will be required to wear masks even if vaccinated. This is to protect our children who do not have a vaccine available to them.
- When visiting the church office, please wear a mask. Our office staff will also be wearing a maskwhile meeting with you.
- We strongly urge that unvaccinated people wear a mask while attending a worship service or meeting with a small group.
- We highly recommend that vaccinated people wear masks while attending a worship service or meeting in a small group. This is especially important as our children will be in worship with us through Labor Day.
- August and September tend to be good weather months. Small groups may want to consider meeting outside if the weather cooperates.
- If you are unvaccinated, we encourage you to discuss the vaccine with your trusted health official. As we live in community with each other, the vaccine is the best way to show our love and care for our children and our neighbors.
Please be aware that it may become necessary to mandate mask wearing during worship service and smallgroup meetings. This may happen on short notice. If this occurs, a notice will be sent via email and Facebook. Masks will be available at church if you need one.With your cooperation, we will safely get through this latest surge of the virus.
Your Reopening Committee
Bob Beedon, Bernie Schneider, Kathy Kelly, Joan Fleet, Barb Hurd, Rev. Drew Hart, and Rev. Elisabeth Danielsons