Disciple 1 Fast Track
An exciting and transformative Bible study is coming to our church! 30+ years ago, the United Methodist Publishing House created a tsunami of sorts in the sphere of group Bible studies when they published the original 34-week Disciple: Becoming Disciples Through Bible Study. Since then, it is believed that Disciple has impacted the faith over 3 million people.
As lives have become busier and time more precious, the Disciple Bible study has adapted to the changing nature of our culture. The result is Disciple Fast Track. It covers the same basic material – an excellent overview of the entire Bible – but in less time. Disciple Fast Track is 24 weeks long, devoting 12 weeks to the Old Testament and 12 weeks to the New Testament.
Pastor Drew has led the original Disciple 1 study (which covers Genesis-Revelation) many times in his various appointments. Starting September 8, he will be leading Disciple 1 Fast Track. It is open to anyone in our church and community who is interested in growing in their faith through Bible study.
The class will be broken into two parts: the Old Testament will be offered this fall and the New Testament will be offered in the winter. Depending upon your availability, persons may participate in one or the other or both.
- Class sessions last 75 minutes
- All classes will meet on Thursdays from 5:30pm-6:45pm at the church. It will be an in-person class setting
The fall class begins September 8 and goes to December 1 (no class on Thanksgiving Day)
- The winter class begins January 12 and goes to March 30
- The cost is $0-15 (to be worked out Pastor Drew in private)
- Participants read a manageable 3-5 chapters of the Bible daily in preparation for the weekly meetings
- Participants may use any Bible they wish for their daily reading. Scripture references in the workbook will come from the Common English Bible (the translation we utilize in worship)
- Class size is up to 15 participants
- The class is open to all persons regardless of their church membership or participation
- Registration/sign-up is required (see below)
If you are available at the scheduled day and time FOR THE WINTER CLASS and would like to sign up for the class, click the “Sign Up” button below.
For those without internet accesss, an optional way to to sign up is by calling the church office.