Lots of Ways to Serve Our Church!
There are LOTS of places within our church that persons can serve and put their faith into action. From serving on Sunday morning as part of the hospitality or worship technology teams to teaching Sunday school to serving on a church committee, there are plenty of ways to get involved in leading and serving.
If you are interested in knowing more about any of the following volunteer “positions,” please send your inquire using the form at the bottom of each section.
Helping Out on Sunday Morning
Whether you’d like to volunteer weekly, monthly, or just peridodically, here are the ways you can help on Sunday morning.
There is good reason to believe that on any given Sunday, what happens outside of the sactuary has a far greater impact on guests and visitors than what takes place inside the sanctuary. If the preaching is only OK but a first-time guests feels very welcomed, it's very likely they will return. However, if that same guest has a sense of being unnoticed and unwelcomed, they're probably not going to return no matter how good the preaching was. If you'd like to be a part of our HOSPITALITY TEAM and help make sure that we are doing everyintg we can to make everyone know they are an important part of our community of faith, then you might consider serving in one of these hospitality positions:
- Coffee/Refreshment Server
Please complete and submit the form below if you have any interest in serving in any of these capasities.
Once people are seated in the sanctuary, our goal is that they will not even notice the technology around them. That is, that the technology will run so smoothly that it will never be brought to their attention. It will just be! If you would like to be a part of a team which is an inegral part of providing uplifting and meaningful worship, then we would love to have you a part of this team. Training is available, and those without prior experience can gain the knowledge and experience to be a valuable part of our tech team. Here are the positions.
- Audio Tech - These persons are trained to effectively manage the sound during worship on our digital soundboard. Using computer software, they also make sure the sound is a good mix for the live stream feed. Sound techs are in the building from 8:45am - 10:45am.
- Live Stream Tech - These persons manage the live stream of our worship service with a computer and mouse using user-friendly software. This task includes running three wall-mounted cameras and occasionally "firing" a few graphics. Training is always provided. Live stream techs are in the building from 8:45am - 10:45am.
- Projection Tech - Of all the volunteer tech positions, this one is probably the easiest to learn and requires the least amount of tech skills. 90% of the job is advancing the worship slides (song lyrics, videos, projected liturgy, etc.) throughout the course of the worship service (accomplished with a computer keyboard). These persons will learn how to do minor on-the-go editing in the event of a typo on a slide. Worship Presentation techs are in the building from 8:45am - 10:45am.
- Presentation Creative - If you're a visually creative person and are comfortable withy computer technology, this might be a good place for you to put your skills and gifts to use. This person is responsible for creating the worship presentation used during the worship service using ProPresenter. This task is typically accomplished at home during the week and entails:
- creating lyric slides
- utilizing type which is readable and asthetically pleasing
- incorporating appropriate background images
- incorporating videos
- making slide transitions
- mutliple text slides for longer liturgies
Please complete and submit the form below if you are interested in serving in or learning more about any of these positions.
The pastor is not the only person giving leadership to the worship service. There are others who are helping out, both behind the scenes and out in front. All of these are important, and if you would like to be a part of our Worship Leadership & Assistance Team, here are the ways in which you can serve:
- Worship Assistant/Liturgist - These persons read aloud the Scripture readings and leads congregational prayers and other liturgies involving the congregation.
- Communion Server - These persons serve the bread and/or juice during Communion. Usually, there are enough Communion servers to participate on a rotating bassis. Communion is always served the first Sunday of each month.
- Communion Preparation - These persons prepare the Communion elements before worship and clear it away afterward.
- Visuals - This is for the creatives among us, and includes everything from creating banners that hang from the wall to creating a visual display on the altar.
Please complete and submit the form below if you have any interest in serving in any of these ways.
Music is a vital part of worship. It always has been and always will be. Psalm 150 says, "Praise God with trumpet blasts, with harps and lyres, with tambourines and dancing, with stringed instruments and flutes, and with loud crashing cymbals!" Psalm 59:16 says, "I will sing of your steadfast love in the morning." If you would like to be a part of our music ministry, here are the groups in which you can participate:
- Sanctuary Choir (SATB) - sings weekly
- Methodaires (men's chorus) - sings monthly
- Bell Choirs (we have 2) - plays monthly
- Special Music (singing or playing an instrument)
- Song Leader - This person would help lead our more contemporary songs which some people in the congregation may not know as well.
Please complete and submit the form below if you are interested in participating in any of these groups. You may also visit our Music page.
Helping children, youth, and adults grow in their faith is important work and we take this responsibility seriously. We recognize the importance of passing along our faith to the next generation and invite persons who feel called to help make this happen to be a part of our Sunday school and nursery leadership. This may include:
- Teaching an elementary Sunday school class
- Leading a middle school or high school Sunday school class
- Leading an adult Sunday school class, Bible study, or week-day short-term study.
- Helping in the nursery
Please complete and submit the form below if you have an interest in serving in any of these capasities.
A small team of persons counts the offering each Sunday after worship. Typically, one will be on-site for 30-45 minutes after the close of the worship service. If you think you would like to be a part of this team, please contact Tom Masters.
Helping with the Children & Youth (not Sunday Morning)
information comming soon
Helping with Adult Faith Formation
information coming soon
Helping to Keep the Church Running Smoothly
information coming soon