Worship: the Heart of the Matter
During the month of September, Pastor Drew will be preaching a 4-week sermon series entitled, “Worship: The Heart of the Matter.”
No doubt, many of us are very familiar with the experience we call worship. After all, a lot of do it every week, right? But how many of us can reasonably define “worship”? (Go ahead, give it try. It’s a lot more challenging that we’d think.) So, while worship is something that we regularly do—at least, on Sunday mornings—there is a lot about worship we’ve probably given much thought to.
Because worship is such an important part of our lives, this series will address many of the basic questions related to worship, such as…
- What exactly is worship?
- Why do we worship?
- Who is worship for?
- Who is the audience of a worship service?
- What is worship supposed to accomplish?
- What’s the difference between communal worship and private worship?
- Are we required to worship?
- What does God expect of us/me when I worship?
- What makes for “good” and “bad” worship?
Scriptures: Psalm 42 & Mark 12:28-31
Scriptures: Psalm 63:1-8 & Romans 12:1-2
Scriptures: Hebrews 10:19-25; Acts 2:42-47; Psalm 68:24-27
Scriptures: Isaiah 29:13; John 4:19-26; Philippians 4:4-9