Thanksgiving in August
On August 15, the theme of our worship service is ‘being thankful,’ and so we’re throwing a “Thanksgiving in August” worship service that day during which we will celebrate God’s may blessings.
Helping us do that will be four members of our congregation, each of whom will briefly share the ways they have experienced God’s blessings. Those sharing will be Ellen Hoover, Reese Sloan, Bernie Schneider, and Annie Timm.
As a way of symbolizing God’s abundant provisions, and with a nod to the feeding of the 5000, worship will conclude with a bread exchange. Everyone is encouraged to bring a loaf of bread with them to worship that morning, and everyone who is in worship will go home with a loaf of bread (and yes, that includes those who didn’t bring a loaf of bread!)
In case you are wonding what type of bread to bring, here are a few recommendations:
- Bring any type of home made “sweet bread” such as pumpkin, banana, blueberry, etc.
- Bring a home white, wheat, rye, etc.
- Purchase a loaf of ‘artisan’ bread, such as what you might find at a deli or a place like Panera Bread.
- If you can, try to avoid sliced sandwich bread.
- It might be nice if some people brought a gluten-free loaf
Finally, be sure to label your bread with your name and wrap it airtight.
See you Sunday!