July 11, 2021 – 7th Sunday after Pentecost
Welcome & Announcements
Prelude – “Praise to the Lord – Edward Broughton
Call to Worship
*Hymn – “Praise to the Lord, the Almighty” – UMH #139 (vv. 1-4)
- Praise to the Lord, the Almighty, the King of creation!
O my soul, praise Him, for He is thy health and salvation.
All ye who hear, now to His temple draw near.
Join me in glad adoration.
- Praise to the Lord, who o’er all things so wondrously reigning,
Bears thee on eagle’s wings e’er in his keeping maintaining.
God’s care enfolds all, whose true good he upholds.
Hast thou not known his sustaining?
- Praise to the Lord, who doth prosper thy work and defend thee.
Surely His goodness and mercy here daily attend thee.
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
who with His love doth befriend thee.
- Praise to the Lord, who doth nourish thy life and restore thee,
fitting thee well for the tasks that are ever before thee.
Then to thy need God as a mother doth speed,
Spreading the wings of grace o’er thee.
God of secret purposes and extravagant blessings, we come to praise you. We come because we want to, we sing our songs because we are glad to, we pray for your grace because we need to, and we ask for the love of Christ in our hearts because without it we are a dead loss. Please lift every shutter within our mind, and open every door within our soul, that you, the Lord of glory, the God of countless hosts, may come in. Through Christ Jesus, the joy of loving hearts. Amen!
*Musical Response – “Praise to the Lord, the Almighty” – UMH #139 (v. 5)
- Praise to the Lord! Oh, let all that is in me adore Him!
All that hath life and breath, come now with praises before Him!
Let the Amen sound from His people again;
Gladly forever adore Him.
Scripture Reading – Ephesians 1:3-14
Bless the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! He has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing that comes from heaven. God chose us in Christ to be holy and blameless in God’s presence before the creation of the world. God destined us to be his adopted children through Jesus Christ because of his love. This was according to his goodwill and plan and to honor his glorious grace that he has given to us freely through the Son whom he loves. We have been ransomed through his Son’s blood, and we have forgiveness for our failures based on his overflowing grace, which he poured over us with wisdom and understanding. God revealed his hidden design to us, which is according to his goodwill and the plan that he intended to accomplish through his Son. This is what God planned for the climax of all times: to bring all things together in Christ, the things in heaven along with the things on earth. We have also received an inheritance in Christ. We were destined by the plan of God, who accomplishes everything according to his design. We are called to be an honor to God’s glory because we were the first to hope in Christ. You too heard the word of truth in Christ, which is the good news of your salvation. You were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit because you believed in Christ. The Holy Spirit is the down payment on our inheritance, which is applied toward our redemption as God’s own people, resulting in the honor of God’s glory.
Special Music – “Sing Out a New Song to the Lord” – Don Besig
Sermon – “Blessed By God To Be a Blessing”
Pastoral Prayer and Lord’s Prayer
*Song – “Grace Alone” – FWS #2162
- Every promise we can make, every prayer and step of faith,
every difference we will make is only by his grace.
Every mountain we will climb, every ray of hope we shine,
every blessing left behind is only by his grace.
Grace alone which God supplies,
strength unknown he will provide.
Christ in us our Cornerstone;
we will go forth in grace alone.
- Every soul we long to reach, every heart we hope to teach,
everywhere we share his peace is only by his grace.
Every loving word we say, every tear we wipe away,
every sorrow turned to praise is only by his grace. REFRAIN
Invitation to Give and Offertory – “Grace Greater Than Our Sin”
*Closing Hymn – “Blessed Assurance” – UMH # 369
- Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
O what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
born of his Spirit, washed in his blood.
This is my story, this is my song,
praising my Savior all the day long;
this is my story, this is my song,
praising my Savior all the day long.
- Perfect submission, perfect delight,
visions of rapture now burst on my sight;angels descending bring from above
echoes of mercy, whispers of love. REFRAIN
- Perfect submission, all is at rest;
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
watching and waiting, looking above,
filled with his goodness, lost in his love. REFRAIN
- L: It is time to go out and share God’s secret purpose which has been disclosed in Jesus Christ.
- P: With God’s help, Amen!
- L: Share that secret with others by the way you live: with the words on your lips, by the deeds of your hands, with the prayers in your minds, and through the love in your hearts.
- P: With God’s help, Amen!
- L: The grace of Christ will redeem you, the enduring love of God will support you, the friendship of the Holy Spirit will accompany you, this day and ever more.
- P: Amen!
Helping Lead Today’s Worship
- Liturgist: Rev. Chuck Jacobs
- Singers: Ann Jacobs, Cathy Grattan, Bob Sult, Tom Masters, Steve Grattan
- Organ/piano: Kathy Cay
- Pastor Drew Hart
Sing Out a New Song
Sing out a new song to the Lord with a jubilant sound, with a jubilant sound. Sing out a new song to the Lord; let the music resound. Let music resound. Let praises ring unto the King. Sing out with joy. Sing out with great joy. Let all proclaim God’s holy name. All of creation rejoice! Sing out a new song to the Lord; let the instruments play. Sing out a new song, let the instruments play. Sing out a new song to the Lord on this glorious day, this glorious day. In one accord, unto the Lord, glad “alleluias” we raise. Sing out a new song to the Lord. Sing with praise! Come now, worship the Lord. Listen to God’s command. Walk in faith and trust in the Lord, placing your life in His hands. Come, give thanks to the Lord, seeking God’s gift of grace. Go and share the love of the Lord. Lift up your voice in honor and glory and praise! Sing out a new song to the Lord with a jubilant sound. Sing out a new song to the Lord with a jubilant sound. Sing out a new song to the Lord; let the music resound; let it resound. In one accord, unto the Lord, glad “alleluias” we raise. Sing out a new song to the Lord. Sing out a new song to the Lord. Sing out a new song to the Lord. Sing with praise!
Grace Greater Than Our Sin
- Marvelous grace of our loving Lord, grace that exceeds our sin and our guilt! Yonder on Calvary’s mount outpoured, there where the blood of the Lamb was spilt. Grace, grace, God’s grace, grace that will pardon and cleanse within; grace, grace, God’s grace, grace that is greater than all our sin!
- Sin and despair, like the sea waves cold, threaten the soul with infinite loss; grace that is greater, yes, grace untold, points to the refuge, the mighty cross. Grace, grace, God’s grace, grace that will pardon and cleanse within; grace, grace, God’s grace, grace that is greater than all our sin!
- Dark is the stain that we cannot hide. What can avail to wash it away? Look! There is flowing a crimson tide, brighter than snow you may be today. Grace, grace, God’s grace, grace that will pardon and cleanse within; grace, grace, God’s grace, grace that is greater than all our sin!
- Marvelous, infinite, matchless grace, freely bestowed on all who believe! You that are longing to see his face, will you this moment his grace receive? Grace, grace, God’s grace, grace that will pardon and cleanse within; grace, grace, God’s grace, grace that is greater than all our sin.